Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 05, 06 & 07
Apologies for this one, but this post never really got completed… it turned into more of a quick list of details. But it’s still a pretty good record of a pretty historic trip – my first camping trip Post-Injury! This weekend was to be an experimental weekend… trying out walking on non-standard terrain, pushing myself just a bit, and trying to judge whether or not I’d actually need surgery.
It went well; as you can read below, we had some pretty solid adventures, with my knee holding strong the whole time.
- Sarah made delicious pancakes and bacon!
- Drive to Maupin, have a snack lunch
- Did some walks, read a lot
- Steak for dinner!
- More fire, and smores
- Pancakes and bacon! Again!
- Read a lot, sitting by the river
- Walks, do a semi-legit hike totally not over a barbed wire fence
- Relax on a rock in the sun on a hill
- Read a lot more
- Ben doodles!
- Dinner at Riverside
- Back to camp, have some more fire
- read and sleep
- Up, pack, and get coffee in town
- stop in Portland, water plants and get groceries
- Cannon Beach!
- Run and play and spaz and fun!
- Stir fry for dinner
- relax, then sleep