Uncle Bill’s 60th birthday
- Get a call from Aunt Irene early, who’s worried about ice and slipping… so instead of canceling everything, I just bring ice melt
- Head to Lexington and pick my Grandma up, then we start the real part of the drive. Yes, I had the top down driving to get her. No, I didn’t leave it down after we left her place.
- The drive is long, but pleasant. The car’s GPS directs us cleanly, and we make it there without much trouble
- Chatting with family, eating cheese and crackers, the usual family gathering things
- My Aunt arrives, followed by my cousin. My cousin Emma’s arrival was a surprise to my Uncle, and you should have seen his face when she walked in! She lives in California, so who knows how they could have kept that trip a secret
- People start arriving… my Mom and Steve are still not here though
- My Mom & Steve finally arrive, after being in a full 4-car accident (not 100% sure about the first two cars), where they got stuck under the bumper of a huge SUV ahead of them. The Civic was rather impressively damaged… but it was still running without any trouble
- Relax and eat and drink and chat
- Dinner – tell Mom and Aunt Irene about all of the gossip in my life; explaining everything always helps me focus my own life, I find. I bet it’s a bit like how teaching someone else actually helps you understand it better
- Speeches for the birthday!
- More relaxing and chatting, but it is getting a bit late… Grandma starts to worry about heading home
- I drive Mom & Steve home, since they’re leaving the Civic to get repaired. Long drive to Medway, then a short run out to Brookhaven, before I can finally head home myself…