My friend Emilie is really into the Burningman scene – so she invited me along to a party happening up in Wilmington. We brought Emma along, and drove up on Friday… I wasn’t really sure what to expect, since I haven’t been to a party like this in a while. But I shouldn’t have worried – it was excellent, and we rocked out late into the night…
- I dressed up for it – nothing special, but go a little bit higher class than normal. It is sushi, after all, so I rocked nice-ish pants and a waistcoat / vest. Not sure why I’ve been in love with them so much recently… but I like it. Looks good on me
- Emma meets up with me at my place, then we jump in the car and pick up Emilie at her place in Arlington
- Drive up yay fun! Pretty simple, just a straight drive up 93N… what else is there to say?
- We get there almost exactly at the official start time… I guess I drive too fast, since we were aiming to be there about 30min afterward. Since we’re so early, there’s not too many people there yet. But we meet a few folks and start chatting about random things
- I meet a lady named Kel, and we immediately hit it off and start planning out how to fabricate fire wings for her. Another lady named Echo comes in at some point and starts helping… woo! Awesome engineering projects are exactly what I need to keep me out of the house this winter
- Sushi is consumed – I even get taught how to correctly roll sushi! And… it’s actually quite delicious, I am not against this. Time to start looking for a sushi kit for the house, I guess.
- Hot tub time! Emma and I jump in, and I chat with some of the folks in the tub. They start telling stories… and I’m not 100% sure that I ever wanted to hear these stories. Thankfully, Emilie comes to rescue me after a little bit, so it’s not so bad. I enjoy hot tub cuddling 🙂
- Dry off from the tub, get changed back into normal clothes, then head outside to watch the fire spinners for a bit
- Do a quick check-in for the studio in the garage – it’s soundproof, so they’ve got a whole rave party with a DJ down there. It’s fun… but I don’t stay long
- Find a drunk girl passing out on the coats. The host and I take a bit of time convincing her that moving her away from the party and into an actual bed is the correct choice, and then give her some time to nap it off.
- Do a bit of chatting and hanging out – meeting new people is excellent, especially when they’re in the burning man crowd… they just have the best stories!
- Get into a massage pile while the party winds down… link back up with Emilie, and we head back toward Cambridge sometime around 3:30 or so