Birthday weekend in Acadia
12-Jul-13 through 14-Jul-13
- Bike home from work late… wanted to leave around noon, but leave work @ 13:30
- Relax around the house, packing up and having a bit of a snack
- Get to Maine later than aimed for – arrive at Bridgette’s place at 21:30
- Dinner at Olive Garden, woo!
- Allie meets up with us there, we all hang out and catch up
- Go to a house party for one of Allie’s sorority sisters.
- Some fun, some cake, one drunk girl keeps stroking my dreads
- Cops come
- Hostess hides, literally, under her bed. So they can’t find her and charge her with… something.
- We leave
- Head back to Bridgette’s place, chill, crash.
- Wake up slow – Bridgette has work, but calls in sick so that we can grab breakfast instead
- Breakfast is tasty and awesome, and I shoot the shit with the owner for a bit about cars and Mustangs and winter and everything
- Allie packs up all her stuff while Bridgette and I grab some random gear from her folks place
- Tent is HUGE
- Go back, find Allie, relax a bit, then head out to ACADIA!
- Long drive is fun – especially with the top down
- Go to the campsite, set up tent, it’s cooler when NUHOC isn’t there 😛
- DAMN the weather is perfect!
- Tent is hugemongous
- Gear back in the car, roll out to explore!
- Hit Echo Lake, do a bit of hiking
- I go to explore the rocks, damn they’re pretty!
- The girls bail and go down to the water to swim and chill
- Amazing splitter cracks, perfect laybacks, and even a few tough sport routes
- Drive into town to get FOOD!!!
- Park, wait in line for a bit
- Lobster and steak
- Steak is crap, lobster is awesome
- Appetizer is AMAZING!
- Roll out, explore a bit more. Drive back to camp, light fire, relax
- Cigars, chill chatting
- Girls go to bed, I stay out and read for a while. It’s nice.
- Wake up semi-early, but no real rush
- Clean up camp, check out, and head into town for breakfast
- DAMN! Strawberry / rubarb jelly is awesome!
- Girls go shopping, I hike around Eagle Lake. Do some reading
- Head back, pack it in, drive out!
- Get lost, drive the wrong way… who cares? It’s nice out, fuck it.
- Stop at the ocean for a quick dip
- Drop the girls off, drive home under a perfect sunset