Now that I’m actually on my way, I figure I should put up a post about this “big trip” I’ve been working on. Its more than a trip, it truly is a grand adventure: a trek across multiple continents, through many cultures (I hope), and meeting a ton of cool people along the way (if everything goes well). I’m traveling around the world.
Yeah. The world. I spent nearly two years working in the Bio-pharma industry in Cambridge, saving and scrimping and hoarding my money so that I could afford to take a year off to travel abroad. I’ll probably do some working on my way as well, but the main goal here to to travel as wide and far as possible, learn as much about the world as I can, and then come home safely to tell stories about it for years to come.
Right now I’m writing this from an airport in Aruba, waiting for my connecting flight to start boarding. As of now, the main plan is as follows:
- Caracas, Venezuela for 5 days
- Buenos Aires, Argentina for 10 days
- Punta Arenas, Chile for a month, broken into traveling through Patagonia, then up to Santiago for the end of October and middle of November
- San Francisco, USA for 3 days
- Christchurch, New Zealand for 1.5 months
- South Asia