Weekend of Friday, 02-May-14 & Saturday, 03-May-14
This weekend was a bit of an ecclectic one – lots of little adventures. Let’s start out with driving down to Connecticut again…
- Bike to and from work, have a nice ride each way, especially since I get to leave work a bit early
- Relax at home for a spell, have a snack, it’s all good
- Pack the car up and RIDE!
- Long and relaxing drive, somehow missing like 90% of the traffic
- Link up with Big T in Danbury, and we head out for mexican down the street from him
- Eat, drink, and be merry… though i also forget my credit card at the restaurant. Damn. But on the upside, they have some extremely good nachos, and really solid chicken tacos. So it’s sort of a wash, in the long run.
- Head back to his place, and tear through a few episoded of “The Angry Videogame Nerd”, followed by Avatar, the Legend of Korra, followed by beers and chatting. I always forget how quickly one’s alcohol tolerance goes down though – we only have four or so drinks each, but they hit me pretty hard. In my defense, they were really good / strong beers, but still. No excuses, I need to brush on on my drink-workouts before I head to France…
- I’ve got a hair appointment this morning at 9:00, and I’ve been a bit late each time I have an appt. there. So I make sure to set a lot of alarms before going to bed, and even crash a bit earlier than originally planned…
- Nope, it doesn’t help.
- I finally wake up in one of those horrid, semi-hungover states… shit I’m late! Again! GUN IT! Get donuts first! Try to get my card back first! Ahh shit get on the highway!
- Finally make it in about an hour late, but thankfully I shot her an email before leaving, and she sort of expects it of me by now, so we’re all good. Get everything done and then head back into Mass to have a relaxing afternoon with my folks before heading home to the city…