21-Sep-13 – Climbing at Crow Hill
- I met up with Daniel, Erin and Meghan early afternoon on Saturday. They were supposed to be there earlier, but the extra time gave me a good chance to relax and explore the area. Do a bit of shopping at the random yard sales, have a bite to eat, the usual slow Saturday stuff.
- Once they arrived we moved onto the climbing – starting in at the far left wall
- Usual two routes here: layback crack and the nice handcrack that runs up the center
- Daniel and I led the center crack (once each), and I let Daniel take the Layback crack. Was nice, and a fun relaxed set of climbs.
- I tried to set up a small climb farther right, but unfortunately some other folks arrived just before I could actually go about setting the route. Wasn’t that horrible, but I was looking forward to trying out a new face over there. Getting a good lead in maybe.
- From here we moved right, to the practice slabs. It was getting late, so we only did a toprope of the first one. I did take two runs on it though – one to try the straight-up and fun route, and another to try out a few harder slab moves that looked interesting. They were, in fact, quite interesting.
- And… that was it. Not a huge amount of climbing, but it was fun. The weather was great and we had a good time, which is really the key to it.