Weekend trip to Philly
13-Jun-13 & 16-Jun-13
- Drive down after work
- Long, through NYC at night
- Boring, but not too bad since the top is down. Basically, convertibles make everything better.
- Wrong hotel
- Link up with Dad & Denise
- Wake up on Saturday to Dad’s face… ahh!
- Link up with Mom & Steve and Co at the breakfast
- It’s kinda cool – lots of good food, and small. Just her major
- Chat for a bit
- Go to the graduation, Denise gets a ticket! Woo! I go to wander
- Through Drexel, into UPenn
- Read & Write
- Find a water garden with tons of turtles
- Get the call to come back
- Hang out in the hotel
- Take a nap before dinner
- Go to White Dog
- Link up with everyone there
- It’s fancy, and wicked cool. Meet Kevin’s mom
- Amazing salmon
- Wake up on Sunday, roll out via driving.
- Park near the BBQ place, take the Septa to the farmers market
- Wander around old philly a bit
- Pretty parks and water fountains
- Farmers market isn’t bad – neat stuff, and I pick up bacon & espresso
- Fathers-Day Lunch at BBQ!
- Long drive home… very long drive home.
- Take a few back roads when traffic gets really bad
- Take the parkway around NYC to the Tappen Zee, instead of the George Washington
- But it’s still long. Like… 8 hours, when it should take 5. I am quite cranky on this drive, since it’s silly traffic.
- Finally home, just in time to sleep for work the next day.