People say that you shouldn’t go drinking with your boss. That it’s dangerous and no fun, because you can’t drink too much around someone with that much control over your life.
People also say that I do things that I shouldn’t do.
They actually say that on a regular basis. Today was one of those times.
- I left work a bit early, around 4:00, to drop my car off at home and jump on the T.
- From there, I dropped my friends Allegra and Bridgette off at Government Center, and walked over to meet my coworkers at a cool pub called the Kinsale.
- I arrived a bit late, but quickly got caught up with a round of Guinness
- From normal Guinness to Black Lager
- We mowed through a whole slew of wing orders
- Dinner was had by all – I ate an amazing dish of Mac and Cheese with BBQ Brisket. I’ve since learned the recipe, and made it on multiple occasions. It’s amazing.
- More drinks were had, Shots included.
- We got kicked out of our table to make room for a huge party. In return, my coworker Csky got us a round of free shots.
- After a bit we got bored of the Kinsale, and moved over to another bar downtown called The Harp.
- Fun times getting in – some people had passes, while the rest of us had to pay a cover. We all split the cost once Csky had saved the day yet again by convincing the bouncers to let us all in at once, ahead of the line.
- More drinks (Bass, or Black and Tans this time) were had by all
- There was a dancefloor. We had a dance party. It was awesome
- I hit my “ohh crap I’m loosing it!” moment
- Once I hit that peak, I knew it was time to go home. So I quickly excused myself, grabbed my coat, made a quick trip to the bathroom, and hit the dusty trail…
- Literally. I hit it. Faceplanted pretty quick, but I recovered admirably and made it to the T.
- But I made it to the wrong line. In my state, I couldn’t deal with this, so I got off and walked to the correct line.
- This part was horrible and I don’t want to remember it.
- Finally arrive at Alewife, where Allegra and Bridgette are waiting for me, like guardian angels sent from heaven.
- They help me home, put me to bed, and set me up to sleep off the nights adventures…